Freight Commodity Manager
In light of continuing expansion, Titan Solutions is seeking applications from experienced professionals to oversee the qualification and management of strategic freight partners within our global Carrier Network. Based in Shannon Ireland, this role offers a fantastic career opportunity for suitable qualified applicants. Titan is rated a 2019 Top 10 service provider by CIO Applications Magazine.
Partner with key stakeholders and senior leadership to understand strategic direction, supply requirements, business objectives
Organize programs/activities aligned to the mission and goals of the organization.
Establish priorities in order to develop and execute effective freight sourcing, qualification and carrier relationship management strategies
Achieve business requirements while effectively capturing value (i.e. cost improvements, risk mitigation, cost avoidance, process improvements, supplier consolidation)
Overall responsibility for developing, communicating and implementing procurement strategies for the Logistics categories of Road, Ocean and Air including Full truckload, LTL, mail logistics and small parcel
Meeting with stakeholders to discuss project issues and decisions on services.
Develop and sustain strategic relationships with key suppliers
Evaluate freight supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and benchmarking analysis tools
In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices including extensive end-to-end experience in Sourcing processes, Negotiations, Supplier Analysis, Industry Analysis
Negotiate appropriate supplier agreements with Key Performance Indicators (KPI), Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Continuous Improvement efficiencies
Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of category management/strategic sourcing experience with a minimum of 5 years category experience in both freight/logistics and small parcel and a minimum of 3 years managing others
- Exemplary negotiation skills in a robust and large corporate procurement environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across organization and with vendors at the highest levels
- IT background including Advanced Excel and Business Analytic software
- Familiarity with onboarding of new carriers including contract negotiation is an absolute must have requirement.
- Experience and knowledge of Transportation Management System (TMS) technologies and associated integration requirements would be a decided advantage.
- Accomplished in holding a team accountable to achieve measurable results
- Project management experience required
- Available to travel up to 20% required
- Must be proficient in verbal and written English and Microsoft Office tools.
- Where required must be in possession of all necessary work permits.
Feel free to apply for any open roles or send your CV to email@example.com.
Titan Solutions Named in the Top 10 Procurement Consulting/Professional Services Companies in Europe
Titan Solutions (Titan), a promising supply chain solution provider is on a mission to modernize the end-to-end supply chain processes through its groundbreaking cloud-based solutions. The prime objective of the company is to simplify key aspects of supply chain by offering a wide range of solutions that includes inventory & warehouse optimization solutions, distribution network design, and tender & procurement solutions. The company also provides comprehensive consulting services tailored to deliver increased operational efficiencies for their customers.
Titan Solutions is delighted to announce it has entered into a new strategic partnership with AVTECH Software, resulting in the American computer hardware and software developer and manufacturer opening a new global distribution facility in Shannon, Co Clare. Speaking...
As the world continues to become more digitally focused, the quantity and breadth of digital transactions increases alongside it. Customer expectations have moved from being satisfied with a delivery time of four, five, or more days, to expecting product to arrive...
Titan Solutions structures and delivers supply chain programs that are tailored to our clients' specific requirements. Titan’s network of solutions partners gives our clients total supply chain solutions that are flawlessly agile, responsive and efficient.
Unit 105 Block O
Shannon Free Zone West
Shannon, Co Clare
+353 (0)61 775 222