Freight Commodity Manager
In light of continuing expansion, Titan Solutions is seeking applications from experienced professionals to oversee the qualification and management of strategic freight partners within our global Carrier Network. Based in Shannon Ireland, this role offers a fantastic career opportunity for suitable qualified applicants. Titan is rated a 2019 Top 10 service provider by CIO Applications Magazine.
Partner with key stakeholders and senior leadership to understand strategic direction, supply requirements, business objectives
Organize programs/activities aligned to the mission and goals of the organization.
Establish priorities in order to develop and execute effective freight sourcing, qualification and carrier relationship management strategies
Achieve business requirements while effectively capturing value (i.e. cost improvements, risk mitigation, cost avoidance, process improvements, supplier consolidation)
Overall responsibility for developing, communicating and implementing procurement strategies for the Logistics categories of Road, Ocean and Air including Full truckload, LTL, mail logistics and small parcel
Meeting with stakeholders to discuss project issues and decisions on services.
Develop and sustain strategic relationships with key suppliers
Evaluate freight supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and benchmarking analysis tools
In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement practices including extensive end-to-end experience in Sourcing processes, Negotiations, Supplier Analysis, Industry Analysis
Negotiate appropriate supplier agreements with Key Performance Indicators (KPI), Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Continuous Improvement efficiencies
Requirements & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of category management/strategic sourcing experience with a minimum of 5 years category experience in both freight/logistics and small parcel and a minimum of 3 years managing others
- Exemplary negotiation skills in a robust and large corporate procurement environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across organization and with vendors at the highest levels
- IT background including Advanced Excel and Business Analytic software
- Familiarity with onboarding of new carriers including contract negotiation is an absolute must have requirement.
- Experience and knowledge of Transportation Management System (TMS) technologies and associated integration requirements would be a decided advantage.
- Accomplished in holding a team accountable to achieve measurable results
- Project management experience required
- Available to travel up to 20% required
- Must be proficient in verbal and written English and Microsoft Office tools.
- Where required must be in possession of all necessary work permits.
Feel free to apply for any open roles or send your CV to email@example.com.
Remote office communication tools are an indication of a company’s digital maturityWith the imposed necessity of working at home during the coronavirus pandemic, many employers and their employees were required to adapt to a new working environment. In principle,...
The Impact of E-commerce During Covid-19The recent surge in on-line shopping due to COVID-19 should be no great surprise given the ease of access, wide range of choice, value for money and of course the safety and convenience that home shoppers recognise and...
Inventory OptimizationSupply chain management has undergone large-scale transformation in the past few months. COVID-19 has taken the world by surprise. Could COVID-19 be the event that finally forces many companies, and entire industries, to rethink and transform...
Titan Solutions structures and delivers supply chain programs that are tailored to our clients' specific requirements. Titan’s network of solutions partners gives our clients total supply chain solutions that are flawlessly agile, responsive and efficient.
Design and build by Clear Designs
Unit 105 Block O
Shannon Free Zone West
Shannon, Co Clare
+353 (0)61 775 222